Microsoft has been hard at work making sure the interface for the Xbox One is user-friendly and easy to use, so you can interface with the things that matter the most to you quickly and easily. Today Mike Ybarra, Director of Program Management at Xbox posted to let Xbox fans know they can expect the New Xbox One dashboard in November.
So what’s coming alongside the new dashboard? Here’s a short list of what you can expect:
- Play your Xbox 360 games on Xbox One
- A new Guide lets you quickly access essentials with just one button press to save time spent weaving in and out of apps
- We’re redesigning Home to make it faster and easier to get to the things you love
- We’re introducing a new Community section to make Xbox One more social
- The revamped OneGuide will be your single destination for TV, movies and video apps
- We’re optimizing Store to help you quickly find the content you want
As always, Microsoft will be rolling this update out to members of the Xbox One Preview Program, but you’ll need to opt-in to receive this update. No release date was given for the full rollout, but the post mentioning all the new features did say that it would be an early November rollout.
If you want to participate in the early experience, you’ll need a friend who is already a member to invite you. Otherwise, you’ll get the update when everyone else does.